Imagine delegates returning home with a unified vision of the Movement we are shaping together; with an understanding of the tools and techniques they can use to advance our Movement; and with the goal of continuing the national dialogue throughout their elected term to build future convention experiences. A council’s participation in the National Council Session is an investment with a payoff to span the triennium, offering tangible benefits as we begin the next century of the Movement. Reflecting the convention theme, attendees will have the opportunity to:
- Explore the issues most vital to girls today and in the future.
- Learn about and inform the leading-edge techniques that will inspire volunteers.
- Investigate opportunities to engage alumnae in positive actions to advance the work of the Movement.
- Identify resources available to their council throughout Expo Hall.
- Explore the best ways to engage girls in the three keys to leadership.
- Interact with the members of our global sisterhood to help girls impact the world.
- Strategize with colleagues on topics that are timely for the organization as a whole and that address the pressing issues of their local council.
- Build a network for their team that informs and advances their local work.
- Shape the future of our Movement.
- Use expertise gained through the Fund Development Learning Track to build public support for their council.
- Be energized, motivated, and ready to focus on the mission of Girl Scouts.
- Be inspired to take action after hearing from some of the nation’s most impressive young-women leaders.
- Use the entire experience to advance the work of the council and impact the lives of girls.
- Engage national delegates in key discussions between now and the 2017 National Council Session.
See the resources below for use when promoting or attending National Convention.
Please use the appropriate form below if you are interested in representing our Council at the National Convention.
National Convention Delegate Position Description
National Convention Visitor Interest Form
2014 National Convention Registration Form