Benefiting Girl Scouts of North-Central Alabama
Friday, March 7, 2014
11:30 AM – 1 PM
The Harbert Center, Birmingham
The 2014 Central Women of Distinction Awards are open to all women in Walker, Blount, Jefferson, Shelby, Chilton and St. Clair counties who have made a special contribution to their community through civic, academic or professional efforts. Women chosen for this award will be recognized at the annual Women of Distinction Luncheon in Birmingham on Friday, March 7, 2014. GSNCA will also present the Mildred Bell Johnson Lifetime Achievement Award, which honors the memory of a beloved community leader whose contributions had far-reaching impact in their respective communities of Alabama.
NOTE, to submit the Sponsorship Form or Nomination Form via email, first save the document to your computer, renaming the file, complete each question, then email the saved document as an attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org. It is suggested that you also print a hard copy for your records. Or you may print the form and mail or fax it to the council (see address and fax number on form).
The Women of Distinction Awards Program is the premier event for GSNCA. All proceeds from these events directly support the Girl Scouts’ mission to build girls of courage, confidence and character, who make the world a better place.
For more information, please contact Kelly Connelly at email@example.com.
2014 Central Women of Distinction Honorees:
- Teresa Zuñiga Odom of Hoover, Hispanic Community Volunteer (Mildred Bell Johnson Lifetime Achievement Award Winner)
- LaVeeda Morgan Battle of Birmingham, Attorney, Battle Law Firm, LLC
- Kate Cotton of Birmingham, Vice President, Community Relations and Executive Director, Protective Life Foundation
- Malena Cunningham of Birmingham, President and CEO, Strategic Media Relations, Inc.
- Helene Elkus of Birmingham, Community Volunteer
- Shirley Fagan of Trussville, Director of Communications, O’Neal Industries
- Linda A. Friedman of Homewood, Partner, Bradley Arant Boult & Cummings, LLP
- Rosilyn Houston of Birmingham, East Retail Regional Executive, BBVA Compass
- Debra Taylor Lewis of Birmingham, Partner, Balch & Bingham, LLP
- Lissa Tyson of Birmingham, Community Volunteer