- This event has passed.
East-Central Alabama Women of Distinction
March 8, 2013 @ 11:00 am - 1:00 pm
The Girl Scouts of North-Central Alabama will combine the east and central regions of its council for one Women of Distinction Luncheon at the Harbert Center in downtown Birmingham. This luncheon will recognize 10 outstanding women representing Blount, Calhoun, Cherokee, Chilton, Clay, Cleburne, Etowah, Jefferson, Randolph, St. Clair, Shelby, Talladega or Walker counties.
The Women of Distinction program pays tribute to women who have made special contributions to their community through civic, academic or professional involvement.
Judge Debra H. Goldstein, of Hoover, Admin Law Judge, Social Security Administration will receive the 2013 Mildred Bell Johnson Lifetime Achievement Award. The award is given annually to a woman who has a prior affiliation with Girl Scouting and has made a lifelong contribution to her community by distinguishing herself through professional, community or humanitarian efforts. The Mildred Bell Johnson honoree serves as a role model for past, present and future Girl Scouts.
Margaret Morton of Sylacauga, Executive Director, Sylacauga Alliance for Family Enhancement, Inc.; President, Alabama Network of Family Resource Centers will receive the 2013 Frances E. Couch Lifetime Achievement Award. This distinguished award honors an outstanding woman who embodies unselfish leadership, is committed to community service in East Alabama, and exemplifies the ideals of Girl Scouting.
The 2013 Women of Distinction Honorees are:
- Anita Allcorn-Walker of Birmingham, Vice President & Comptroller, Alabama Power Company
- The Honorable Agnes Chappell of Birmingham, Municipal Court Judge, The City of Birmingham
- Suzan Smith Doidge of Mountain Brook, Executive Director, Mountain Brook Chamber of Commerce
- Lisa Narrell-Mead of Vestavia, Executive Vice President, Cadence Bank
- Lori Snodgrass of Homewood, Partner, Deloitte & Touche, LLP
- Joyce Spielberger of Birmingham, Executive Director, Magic Moments
- Deborah L. Voltz, Ed.D., of Hoover, Dean, UAB School of Education
- Bonika Wilson of Birmingham, President and CEO, Wilson Capital Management
Proceeds from the East-Central Women of Distinction Luncheon provide direct support to Girl Scouts of North-Central Alabama, which serves more than 15,000 girl members in 36 counties.
The presenting sponsor is Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Alabama. For more information on reservations or sponsorships, please contact Kelly Connelly at 800-734-4541 x1030 or visit http://girlscoutsnca.org/wodeastcentral. Reservations to the luncheon are $60 for general admission and $45 for Girl Scout members.