- This event has passed.
Women Who Serve West Alabama
February 28 @ 5:00 pm - 7:00 pm
The Girl Scouts of North-Central Alabama will recognize 10 women at the Women Who Serve West Alabama dinner at the University Church of Christ in Tuscaloosa. Alabama’s First Lady, Mrs. Dianne Bentley, will be the special guest. Women recognized at this reception represent Bibb, Fayette, Greene, Hale, Hamilton, Lamar, Marengo, Perry, Pickens, Sumter and Tuscaloosa counties.
Easty Lambert-Brown, Owner of Borgo Publishing, will receive the 2013 Karen LaMoreaux Bryan Lifetime Achievement Award. This award is given to a woman who has demonstrated a lifelong dedication to making the world a better place through service to her community.
The 2013 Women Who Serve West Alabama Honorees are:
- Annette Cook of Tuscaloosa, Director, The SOAR Institute, Shelton State Community College
- Sharon Cosby of Tuscaloosa, Case Manager, Temporary Emergency Services
- Ruth Dailey of Tuscaloosa, Community Volunteer
- Audrey Ellis of Tuscaloosa, Coordinator of Social Services, Tuscaloosa City Schools
- Flora B. Gay of Northport, Zoning Administrator, City of Northport
- Mary Nell Hallman of Tuscaloosa, Vice President-Commersial Lender, Bryant Bank
- Dr. Linda Forte´ of Tuscaloosa, Director of Nursing, Stillman College
- Eva Owens of Tuscaloosa, Office Administrator, Van Hoose & Steele Funeral Service
- Lamea “Elle” Shaaban-Magana of Tuscaloosa, Director, Women’s Resource Center
- Marsha Sprayberry of Tuscaloosa, Director, Project Blessing
To purchase tickets or for sponsorship information, please contact Kelly Connelly at 800-734-4541 x1030. Tickets to the reception are $50 each, and $40 for Girl Scout members.