When you just can’t wait for what you’ll do next, you can do anything!
At Girl Scouts, girls are always counting down to the next adventure they’ll go on together. Maybe it’s artistic. Maybe it’s an experiment. Maybe it’s getting outside or helping the community. With us, you’ll make a bunch of new friends and have a ton of new experiences that show you how exciting the world is, and how awesome you are, over and over again.
So what are you waiting for? Join today! Call the Girl Scouts of North-Central Alabama at 800-734-4541 or click here to find your local community development manager. A year of fun and adventure is in store for every future Girl Scout!
What Do Girl Scouts Do?
Girl Scouts have fun and discover new things in all kinds of ways. Some of the topics girls are exploring today include science, health and fitness, the arts, environmental awareness and financial literacy. Along the way, girls build friendships, learn teamwork, earn badges, play games and more. Summer camp at one of our camps is also a popular activity for Girl Scouts of all ages.
Girls learn how to plan their activities and take on progressive levels of responsibility as they progress through Girl Scouts. The program encourages increased skill building and also promotes the development of strong leadership and decision-making skills. Girl Scouts are girls just like you who have fun, make friends, and discover new places! Girl Scouts go camping, visit museums, care for the environment, sell cookies, help people in the community and participate in exciting events that change all the time. Girl Scouting gives girls like you the chance to explore your world and have a lot of fun at the same time!
- Every girl, everywhere, has the ability and opportunity to become a Girl Scout.
- Any girl (age 5-17) who accepts the Girl Scout Promise and Law may register as a member.
- Any adult (age 19 and above) who is interested in becoming a troop leader, assistant, helping with a character-building program, or simply being a part of the world’s largest organization for girls may join. Click here for a Volunteer Application.
How much does it cost?
- A $15 annual membership fee covers the cost of membership in Girl Scouts of the USA (qualified financial assistance is available).
- After joining, troop dues vary by troop and are set by girls, parents and leaders to cover the cost of troop activities.
- Uniforms are encouraged, but not required, for membership.
- Parents and family members may support the Girl Scouts of North-Central Alabama through the Parent Partner program.
Are you ready to join the Girl Scout Movement? Register online!