The Girl Scout Leadership Experience is made easy and fun for girls and adults through the journey approach. The programs in the Girl Scout Leadership Experience correlate by grade level to the Health & PE, Language Arts, Math, Science and Social Studies standards for each state, including Alabama.
- Journeys provide an important foundation for each level in Girl Scouting for girls and volunteers.
- The journeys have been created to provide meaningful and fun experiences centered on the three keys to leadership for all girls.
- Journeys help girls to frame topical issues that are all around them, with Girl Scout values.
- In partnership with adults who utilize the Girl Scout processes, girls encounter a safe environment, both physically and emotionally.
- Girls become aware of women who have used their talents, skills, and abilities, including celebrity status, to take raise public awareness on issues such as discrimination and personal rights.
- Girls see examples of females who have spoken and acted with courage, confidence, and character.
As girls progress through the levels from Daisy to Ambassador, their awards signify attaining new and higher levels of knowledge and skills, and ultimately a deeper understanding of what it means to be a leader who makes a difference in the world.