You want to be a volunteer? That’s GREAT!
We are delighted that you are inquiring about becoming a volunteer with the Girl Scouts of North-Central Alabama. Being a Girl Scout volunteer gives you the opportunity to develop girls of courage, confidence and character who make the world a better place. You will grow as you work with the GSNCA and it is fun to watch girls discover things about themselves, connect with others, and take action to change the world around them. It’s so rewarding to know the positive affect you have on the lives of the girls with which you might be working with in Girl Scouting.
We have several flexible opportunities for adults who wish to work with the girls as they develop leadership skills. We also have many opportunities for volunteers who prefer to work with other adults to support the girls indirectly. Some of the pathways to get involved are:
- Camp: Experience the great outdoors with girls at overnight or day camp.
- Events: Volunteer at events centered on topics that interest girls.
- Series: Help girls explore their interests in a series of activities, without committing to a full year.
- Travel: Travel across town, throughout the country, or around the world with girls.
- Troops: Engage girls in exciting activities that last throughout the school year.
- Virtual: Interact with girls online in a safe, secure environment.
The first step to becoming a volunteer is to complete a Volunteer Application and background check. Any adult (age 19 or over) interested can apply. Complete the Volunteer Application and submit it via email or return it to the GSNCA staff member with whom you have been working. When the application has been received you will be given the information to complete the background check. The results of the background check are strictly confidential. Only after the application and background check have been completed can your volunteerism start.
While our staff works to process your application and background check, you might want to sign-up for our Weekly Council Updates. Please take time to explore our website for additional information that will help you discover more about GSNCA.