As a volunteer with GSNCA, we ask that you complete training that will help you understand more about Girl Scouting and our council. Troop volunteers must complete Girl Scouting 101 and Connect with Your Council within six months of appointment to their positions. Volunteers in other pathways are encouraged to complete Volunteering for Girl Scout Series & Events and the first half of Connect with Your Council.
Girl Scouts of North-Central Alabama courses:
- Connect with Your Council is a great overview of our council. It includes available facilities and resources, how to start a troop, and other information volunteers need. Access GSNCA’s Connect with Your Council.
- Online Registration Short N' Snappy COMING SOON
- Communications & Advocacy Short N' Snappy COMING SOON
IMPORTANT INFORMATION BEFORE YOU BEGIN:
- You must complete the assessment at the end of the course; either print or copy it, then send it to the address listed.
- Be patient when clicking on buttons that will take you to resources on GSUSA’s website. Some files and the Elf video take a while to load.
First Aid & CPR (American Red Cross)
Cost: $40 per participant (nonrefundable)
A link to this course will be provided after you register. You must complete the online knowledge based component within two weeks of receiving the course access code and then demonstrate your skills within the next 30 days to complete this certification course. The skills demonstration session will be scheduled for you. To register complete the GSNCA Adult Learning & Girl Leadership Registration Form and send it with your payment to the registrar as indicated on the form. You may register online with a credit card.
Girl Scouts of the USA courses (Disponible en Español!):
Girl Scouting 101 is designed for all new troop volunteers and will provide information about the Girl Scout organization. Learn about our mission, the Girl Scout Promise and Law, the Girl Scout Leadership Experience and the national portfolio of program materials for each grade level.
Volunteering for Girl Scout Series & Events is for volunteers in a non-troop pathway, particularly those working with individual programs, program series and events.
To access either GSUSA course:
- Go to: http://training.girlscouts.org/
- Click the course you want to complete and enter “Girl Scouting 101,” password: aboutGS101
“Volunteering for Girl Scouts Series & Events,” password: volunteer
- You will be asked to enter your contact information.
- Please find “North-Central Alabama” for the council name so we will be notified and can give you credit for completing the course.
- Click “submit” to start the training.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION BEFORE YOU BEGIN
- Please allow time for the courses to load. Allow 30-60 seconds for videos to load. Be advised that wireless computers may lose connections.
- Disengage all pop-up blockers. If you have difficulty opening or viewing any portion of the course, follow the directions on your computer screen for help.
- Once you begin the final assessment, you cannot return to any course content without logging out and registering again.
Thank you for being a Girl Scout volunteer!